Chorlton

Chorlton - changes make-up every day
It smells roses I planted last Spring
Chorlton - smells freshly-cut-grass
It smells green.

Chorlton - grows by day as it dreams by night
It calls on to the city to free the way
Chorlton is greenish, it’s lavish, it’s Manc
It’s hungry to gain.

Chorlton - lets the birds build their nests on its trees
It lets Chorltonians take its name
It lets Chorltonians bind, and develop the feel
Of welcoming, yet, again.

Chorlton - lets the old and the toddlers walk in its veins
It lets the joy spread, and let hearts fall in love
Chorlton - lets the dreams pace, and let hopes be pacer
To brighten tomorrows for all.

Chorlton - gave me its hand and showed me around
It gave me friends and a roof to call home
Chorlton smiled when I said that at last I’d found
My belonging sense long gone.


Përparim 2000



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls