Gardening

The grass’ cut offs-
Sixty square yards
reduced to a  cubic foot
throw on my nose
their deadly grassy aroma
screaming their throats out
in a chorus of hatred slang-
I never thought
they were capable of,
nor did I dare to question
its sense of hate, or meaning...

While listened to their hopeless
sense of conviction
worded as a simple resistance, but
hugely, significantly threatening -
threatening with multiplication
of their own kind…

I feel defenseless
while I trim their spiky leaves
mowed to tiny bits
steadily, carelessly, then
I assemble them together
to give them the last chance
to say goodbye to one another
before I sac them up,
before they turn yellowish
and get suffocated
by each-other’s pressure…

And I can hear the grassy roots
screaming their throats out in defiance:
‘You’ll see- we’ll be back!’

Annoyed, but proud
they act as oldies do-
likely to wear and keep odd thing
that have run out of fashion
with no sentimental value
I tick in my calendar
the next mowing date
and throw the sacs in the green bin…
I smile a last time
to the garden’s trimmed hair...

Perparim 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls