Early learning

I was once promised, a second chance
Was most certainly past the worst for me
Without narrow-mindedness

I was once taught, amongst erstwhile, to be me
I had to stand tall to myself first-
And then defy myself again- because

I was once warned, the ups and downs
I’ll have to ascend and descend in time
Will essentially be my own creation, and

As I once was advised, I’d better let go-
Things I once loved, and wish them-better luck
Even if,
Such a wish might be reluctant to break away from my lips…

…and whether recalling dauntingly that early learning
Or wanting to forget it stormily
Keeps me like a tree standing the breezily weather
With a lightning warning - cracking raindrops – watery lines
Trotting southwards, to catch me wondering
Why my pathway descends curvedly over the smooth glass…

Not a single straight line –all dots in a snaky curled, uneven row.

…indubitably so, since
  
A raincoat wasn’t promised to me.


Perparim 2009


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls