A little timely gap

Every damn thing just flashes before my eyes
And disappears before it reaches my retina
Without letting me get a little view- of
What passes by…
Just a little view
As little as to gather some sense
A little timely stretch to notice my co-walker
A little timely gap just to say ‘Hello’
To my old lady opposite mine
At her council house
Where spring sometimes came coloured in grey
Greyish as the old lady’s hair
I hadn’t had time to notice her hair before
Just her wrinkles deepening
The forehead’s ones deeper
Each telling a story
I hadn’t managed to hear
Somehow
In its heaps of joyous bits, and
In its heaps of sorrows
Entrenched around her eyes
To be with her forever
To be there
On her oval, tinny face
A testimony of her past and present inner
Waiting patiently
Until I find that little timely stretch
In between my in-and outs
In between my timely gaps…


Perparim 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls