My promise

I know, I’d promised you so-
I’d promised to follow your paths
Down the steep hills, up the high mountains
Those smaller ones, through crops
And the wider ones, through towns
Those that lead to my childhood
And the ones that singled me out.

I know, I‘d promised you so-
I’d promised to witness all your sunrises
And all your glowing sunsets too
The wintry days I’d walk your snow
The summery nights I’d write of paths
And the stars
Shining in the clear sky over you.

I’d promised to be by your side, whenever
Your need for me arises
For just belonging to you is so tender.

Though I’m far away
I can clearly hear your heartbeat calling
Whomever you feel is lost, but still tries
Not to forget your paths… 

I know, I’d promised you so-
I’d promised to be how you wanted me to
And I became what I thought I could be
I might be- you may think- kind of slow,
Dreamingly floating oceans, seas
Like a drifter lacking whereabouts
Might’ve forgotten- still needs to see
You again-

Sure you know
I’d promised you so, long ago…

Perparim 2007






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls