Flower buds

I didn’t bring a bottle of wine from the dark cellar
A bunch of roses would dry on the way, so
I brought you a watering can instead
And a gardening kit - and some flower buds
Eager they reignite into a dozen rosy scents
Into thousands of petals of the best breeds
So you can gather while looking at them
Why I choose to bring you buds, instead of flowers

I didn’t think a toast would convey my real inner
Same as I wanted you to gather I’d feel
When the buds will next bounce into lively flowers
Looking at you putting all efforts
Into keeping the spring going on them
So I sit longer by your side in between the flower beds

You still don’t cut the flowers, don’t lay them in vases
And you’ve rarely thought of their scent

Just looking at them is enough to make you feel you are-
To make you remember, I once was there…

Perparim 2009



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dua detin

Epitaf per vajzat

Epitaph for the girls